- The (FDA) Food and Drug Administration classifies CPAP/Bi-PAP/Bi-Level machines, complete/assembled CPAP masks and humidifiers as Class II Medical Devices that require a copy of the prescription be on file prior to shipping your order to any U.S. address.
- You may order products prior to submitting your prescription and it will ship once we have the prescription on file. If you do not have a copy of your CPAP prescription, you're in luck because you still have many options, as stated below!
- Please Note: Whenever required, we set the therapy devices (CPAP machines) to the settings listed on the prescription prior to shipping. If pressure adjustments are needed in the future based on an updated prescription, some CPAP units allow for settings to be changed through the SD card provided with your machine. Please contact us to confirm availability of this feature.
Don’t have your prescription?
Common Prescription Questions
Q) Who can write my prescription for CPAP or Bi-PAP/BiLevel supplies?
A) Commonly, your sleep physician or primary care physician (family doctor) will provide your CPAP prescription however these prescriptions may also be written by the following:
- D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy)
- P.A. (Physicians Assistant)
- N.P. (Nurse Practitioners)
Items that DO NOT require a prescription.
CPAP Masks without headgear: These include everything except the headgear straps (remember you can add the headgear to make a complete CPAP mask)
CPAP Mask Parts: Cushions, Headgear, Accessories
CPAP Machine Parts: CPAP Hose/Tubing, Filters, Water Chambers, Parts, etc.
Comfort Items: Tube covers, moisturizers, comfort pads, etc